Sunday 7 April 2013

Essence Iced Latte stamped with China Glaze Awaken BM315 and mattified with Rimmel


I previously did Essence Iced Latte stamped with China Glaze Awaken here and thought they went well together so tried it again. Actually I chose a floral image from BM215 but it turned out quite badly as the flowers were positioned at the sides and got cut off so I ended up with random looking bits of grey everywhere. Didn't take a pic but below was what was roughly what I saw on my nails :(

Anyway, I had to clean it off (luckily I had top coated before that so I didn't have to redo the base coat) and I chose a simpler image in BM315. Simpler in terms of design but not in terms of stamping (>.<) As you can see, I had difficulty in aligning it straight and getting the lines imprinted clearly. But generally if you don't look closely, it is fine :p

At the end, I added Rimmel Mattifying Top Coat to get a soft look.

Click read more for plain swatches of Essence Ice Latte

1 coat (kinda streaky)

 2 coats

If I were to wear it on its own, would add a 3rd coat to even things out. Also, from my personal experience, it would be best if you are able to put on each coat in one pass, because if you go over the same spot again, it tends to drag the polish.

Thanks for viewing!

Follow on Bloglovin