Thursday 4 April 2013

Color Club Eternal Beauty on Essence Ballerina's Charm

Color Club Eternal Beauty on Essence Ballerina's Charm

Remember my DIY colored nail strips on nude polish previously? I mentioned that I wanted to cut out patterns and apply them so here is another try with Color Club Eternal Beauty! :)

Base is 2 coats of Essence Ballerina's Charm, a dusty lavender with silver shimmer, very pretty and work friendly. See below for plain swatch.

Essence Ballerina's Charm nail polish swatch

Click read more if you want to see how I did the mani :)


To cut out the shapes, I got a set of cheap craft scissors from Daiso, only $2 ;) But I didn't notice it's plastic though, no metal blades so it's pretty blunt. And actually, there were a lot of warnings at the back to take care, be cautious of the blades, etc, which I thought was quite misleading after realising it's plastic :p

Craft scissors

I applied 2 coats of Color Club Eternal Beauty onto scotch tape and left it to dry overnight. After that, once you peel back the scotch tape, the polish will detach easily. I then cut up it into the shapes I want with the craft scissors.

DIY nail decalDIY nail decal

DIY nail decal

I know you can probably use tape to block out the areas and apply polish but that would need time for it to dry or a fast drying top coat, and quick removal of the tape to prevent smearing the lines. For this, you can put the DIY decal on once you apply sufficient coats of base color since the tackiness of the polish will enable it stick together, so no wait time! :)

This is not a new thing, I can't remember where I saw this before but normally they will say apply on ziplock/ plastic bags but I tried that and feel that scotch tape enables you to remove the decal much more easily.

If you try this out, please share it with me! ;)

Thanks for viewing.....

Follow on Bloglovin