Friday 15 February 2013

Purple pink cloud mani

Just to clarify, my first post was one of my more decent looking ones to have a good start :p But from here on, I guess I will post in chronological order and they are dating back from early last year. So just a heads up that you will probably be seeing polishes from older collections for some time until I clear the pics I have so far.

The following was my first attempt at a cloud mani when Orly Cool Romance collection was launched. This design was based on a tutorial from Nailside.


Colours used were:
Base - Orly You're Blushing
2nd layer - Orly Prelude To A Kiss
3rd layer - OPI Pedal Faster Suzi

I got the Cool Romance mini set and You're blushing was great, easy to apply and a nice understated taupe purple. Prelude to a kiss was however thick and streaky. I tried it as a full mani and took it off immediately as I just couldn't get it to apply right. Pedal Faster Suzi from the OPI Holland collection was a sweet shimmery pink but kinda sheer, applied a thick coat for this as I was too impatient to wait and apply another layer.

Btw, in case anyone is wondering, this is a OPI mini and a Orly mini side by side. The Orly mini is bigger (5.3ml) vs the OPI mini (3.75ml).


I find it tricky to get the edges rounded and on hindsight, I should use 1 coaters but at least I like the colour combi, plus the cloud mani is great for covering up small chips or tip wear ;) Do share if you have any other nice designs to cover tipwear :)