Thursday 12 December 2013

Candy cane nails with Catrice Marilyn & Me

Catrice Marilyn & Me with Innisfree Eco Nail Color 20

It's been more than a year since I started painting nails frequently but this is actually my first time at taping (o_o) Which didn't turn out that well unfortunately, argh....totally reminded me of water marbling when I was all thumbs (-_-)"

Anyway, starting to be in the mood for Christmas so decided on some candy cane nails :) The red is Catrice Marilyn & Me, a red with red glitter (it stains!), white base is Couleur Inc Snow White (which had no application issues again, yay) and the white glitter is Innisfree Eco Nail Color 20.

Click below for more details

This is one coat of Catrice Marilyn & Me, which is already covering up the nail line. I put 2 coats for the mani but forgot to take a pic (>.<)
Catrice Marilyn & Me

 Bottle shot to show the glitter. But the color is not so orangey, the above is more accurate.
Catrice Marilyn & Me

Bottle shot of Innisfree Eco Nail Color 20. As you can see, it has square/hex/bar white glitter with square iridescent glitter.
Innisfree Eco Nail Color 20

I had quite a bit of trouble with the candy cane nails and just to share, my lessons learnt were:
1) Cut all the tape beforehand
2) Cut them thin enough (I had to add some lines using striping brush in the end)
3) Do not let the end of the striping tape stick back onto tape otherwise it is hell to find it and peel it back up (and I do not have longsightedness yet!)
4) Press down the thicker strips firmly as they do not curve so well & will let in polish if there are gaps 5) Leave the top part of the nail unpainted otherwise you might have bits of white at the cuticle area.

What a long list of what I did wrong huh? Haha...but anyway, it doesn't look as bad from far and with practice, it should get better (I hope). You should see the ones by Nailasaurus, who is great at striping tape manis.
Catrice Marilyn & Me with Innisfree Eco Nail Color 20

Lastly, Innisfree is now available in Singapore (polish is S$4) and below is my GWP, just cotton wool pads but cute packaging right? :)
Innisfree GWP

Thanks for viewing!

Follow on Bloglovin